A unique advertising channel
The Sofia Subway has 35 modern and welcoming stations, more than 60 high-speed trains, over 11 million passengers per month and plenty of opportunities for advertising. Besides being one of the fastest and most convenient means of transport in Sofia, the subway is a unique advertising channel that has a very strong impact, due to several factors:
- Using the subway, passengers avoid the busy ground traffic and feel comfortable too;
- The lack of contact with the external environment and other distractions alike create a kind of 'information hunger' – the passengers subconsciously start to seek for information and feel positive about advertising;
- The subway advertising also has great influence at every single stage – through appropriate facilities located on the metro entrances to the interior of the trains.
Advertising subway boxes/ Advertising city light signs
'City Light' led light boxes of vertical and horizontal type in the following metro areas:
- Platforms - one-sided light boxes on the walls of the platform suitable for advertising campaigns and separate advertising alike.
- Staircases and escalators - the key location and close contact with the people further contribute for the key message to be communicated in the best way possible.
- Subway at metro stations - one-sided led light boxes welcoming the passengers and focusing their attention on the following areas of impact.
- Spaces around the cash desks - they are suitable for advertising campaigns and branding of whole walls. Separate advertising can also be recommended here.
They are of horizontal and vertical format and are placed inside the trains. The ad is constantly in the eyesight of the passengers as the lack of external visual environment completely attracts their attention while travelling. They are suitable for a detailed text description such as characteristics of a product, promotions, leasing and others. The panels are arranged in the train in such a manner that provides visibility for both standing and seated passengers.
Subway advertising boards
Located on the platform behind the rails, the metro boards have the same impact as billboards in the urban areas, however there two important advantages: the visual contact of the passengers with the advertising media is closer and long-lasting. While waiting for the train, passengers are able to perceive the advertising frontally /perception time 7–15 min/, which gives grounds for visual and text messages.